Von: Robinson Tryon [mailto:bishop.robin...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013 01:41
An: Wojciech Zasadni
Cc: website LibreOffice
Betreff: Re: [libreoffice-website] Re: Cleaning of the wiki and language
communities

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Wojciech Zasadni
<zasadni.wojci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (Maybe I mistunderstood guidelines from:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Multilingual_Wiki)

It might be a good time for us to revisit the pages that have more 'common'
content on them, for example:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/Bugzilla
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/Download_mit_zsync

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FR/Evaluation_of_CMS_Platforms
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FR/TDF/Membership

In some cases, it's possible that these pages just pre-date the creation of
pages on these topics in English. In that respect, we might just need to
have a wiki party to bring this content back together and/or create English
versions of small articles.

If we have contributors gung-ho about creating common content who don't
speak English, we could try to partner them up with someone who is bilingual
who could take the content that they create and translate it back into
English. This would then provide an English source for other NLP team
members who may not speak the language in which the article was originally
written. I expect this might be a bit cumbersome...

I also came across some event pages:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/CeBIT2012
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/CeBIT2013

In general, I'd suggest we create all of our event pages under
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/YYYY/

...and I'd suggest we have at least a stub-page in English with dates,
location, etc. The CeBIT pages are a good test case, because their purpose
is "Coordination (in German)." In that case, I think the English base-page
could say something like "For more details (in German), see
[[Events/2014/CeBIT/de]]."

Cheers,
--R

deleted