Does the life insurance company fall under a health plan?  I believe health plans do
not need to get the acknowledgment signed, they just need to show they mailed it to
everyone.  Has anyone else heard that?

>>> "Traci Winter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/07/03 02:19PM >>>
Interesting occurrence just took place..

I just received a NPP from Guardian Life Insurance Co. It was put in my inter-office
mailbox by our HR staff person. There is no acknowledgement form for me to sign......
Do they think by having my employer distribute them that they are not required to make
a good faith effort to get an acknowledgement signed? Just seems a little off to me.
Does anyone else find this a little lacking?

Traci Winter
Hospitals Home Health Care, Inc.
Fulton, NY

---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated. The discussions
on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual participants, and do
not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If
you wish to receive an official opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues
Database at http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/.   These listservs should not be used for
commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor products and services.
They also are not intended to be used as a forum for personal disagreements or
unprofessional communication at any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-privacy as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this list, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org or send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you need to unsubscribe but your current email address is not the same as the
address subscribed to the list, please use the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org

---