I am wanting to get some remote sensors data into weewx and was considering
mqtt.
It seems there are currently at least 2 threads of development on
drivers/services to load data into weewx ?

Could someone summarize their differences and statuses please?. Are they
forks and work fundamentally differently, or is one a more mature version ?

thanks