Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I've had this station for about 3 years and this behaviour has been there
from day 1.

I think I've pretty much exhausted all possibilities actually. In the early
days I tried a powered USB hub - no joy.

I've now got this RPi in a stack with two others - fed with a bomb-proof 5V
supply. I've looked at the supply line with both a digital VM and a 'scope
for each RPi. Volts are dead on 5-and-a-bit after the polyfuse and ripple
is very low.

So, I guess it's down to "life's rich tapestry" and a quirk of this
particular station. In fact it's not too troublesome, booting a couple of
times a week is no big deal, esp. as I store the root filesystem for this
Rpi on my NFS, so it doesn't even stress the SD card too much ....

Cheers,