>From reading the user guide and hardware guide it would seem to me (NOT a
WMR200 user) that since the WMR200 emits partial packets it may well take
more than 60 seconds to obtain current values for all fields - this means
that the archive period should be 300 seconds, and you would also be
correct in thinking that weewx does not handle rapid fire for the wmr200 -
because the hardware does not emit all data within a loop packet.

Weather display may well handle rapid fire better if it buffers the data
somehow or retransmits old data as part of rapid fire.

I would personally argue that weather display is 'fooling' WU by doing such
buffering.

Probably the best bet for you is to stop using rapid fire, upload archive
records at 300 second intervals instead.

Just my thoughts - am sure a wmr200 user (or matthew or Tom) will give a
more authorative statement.