On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 5:05:03 AM UTC-4, shriramvenu wrote:
> Thanks for this. I saw the first bug but was'nt quite sure what to do. I
> guess i just replace wmr200.py in /bin/weewx/drivers? (where /bin is from
> the root directory of my R-pi?)

if you installed using setup.py:

sudo mv /home/weewx/bin/weewx/drivers/wmr300.py
cp ~/Downloads/wmr300.py /home/weewx/bin/weewx/drivers/wmr300.py
if you install from .deb package then the path is
/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers instead of /home/weewx/bin/weewx/drivers

Yes I have RapidFire enabled. Before this I was uploading to Weather
> Underground using rapidfire via WeatherDisplay for months using my windows
> PC so I dont think the problem is the WMR200 hardware. Are you saying that
> weewx doesnt properly handle rapidfire for the WMR200?

wmr hardware reports partial packets, i.e., one packet might contain wind
information, another temperature and humditiy.  this is different from
hardware that reports full packets, such as vantage, where every packet
contains a value from every sensor.

there is no right or wrong - they are just different architectures.

however, wu rapidfire does not like to receive data from one sensor without
receiving data from *all* sensors.

apparently weather-display does some caching to keep wu rapidfire happy.

weewx does not do any caching.  as issue #31 shows, we will probably *not*
do comprehensive caching in weewx, since that leads to other problems
(especially when you work with dynamic data collection systems and a wide
range of extensible sensors).  but at some point weewx will probably will
do caching just for wu rapidfire.

> Also should I keep the archive interval at the default 60s or change to
> 300s like advised here?
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/weewx-user/nUWo2znTP5I

how often do the sensors update on a wmr200?  (check the owner's manual)