Yes, although it's not necessary to do the first 'mv.' If the version on
your desktop is truly the original engine, then

sudo /etc/init.d/weewx stop
cd /usr/share/weewx/weewx
sudo cp ~/Desktop/engine.py engine.py
sudo /etc/init.d/weewx start

If you're not sure, you can download the v3.6.0 version of engine.py from
here
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/weewx/weewx/v3.6.0/bin/weewx/engine.py>.

-tk