Are you sure that this file has just been generated? The date time at line
7 does not seem correct, as I write this it is 5 minutes before the hour,
but the date time in the file is 5 minutes after the hour?

I am also suspicious given that that none of the xml tags from the line you
are trying to add are appearing in the file you posted. Are you sure you
are editing the correct weewx_pws.xml.tmpl and/or are you sure you are
posting the most recently generated weewx_pws.xml ?

Gary