> Doh!!  Helps to edit the correct file!!!!

Yes, have sufferred from this one myself on (a number of) occassion(s).

What's the recommend3d way of adding data from a different source (my file)
> into a REC??
>

>From a file the best way would be to use the fileparse driver
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/tree/master/examples/fileparse>.
fileparse.py should be in bin/examples/fileparse on your install, just
install it via wee_extension. The readme gives basic install info only,
have a read of the comments up front of fileparse.py for more config info.
The hardest part will be deciding what field to put you new intemp into;
inTemp, some other existing field or a new field that you would need to add
to your schema. All are easy enough, the first 2 would be handled through
the fileparse driver setup, the latter would require some manipulation of
your db schema but that is well covered in the Customization Guide.

Gary