I'm running an older Vantage Pro2 console, vintage 2007, firmware 1.90
(can't update firmware due to console hardware changes)
My WeatherlinkIP is running current firmware but console seems to be very
slow to respond.  I disabled the upload to weatherlink.

I had to tweak the conf file to get it to run more than 24 hours.  The
parameter adjustments below are based on threads I found in this forum.
Hopefully my discoveries will help someone.  Although I doubt anyone (other
than me) is running old consoles.  LOL

Any other tips are appreciated.  Thanks.

I'm currently discussing my options with Davis on updating my consoles.
Maybe newer hardware.  :)

Doug B.

loop_on_init = True

    # TCP send delay (when using the WeatherLinkIP):
    tcp_send_delay = 0.5

*    # experiment    command_delay = 1.0*
    # The id of your ISS station (usually 1). If you use a wind meter
connected
    # to a anemometer transmitter kit, use its id
    iss_id = 2

    # How long to wait for a response from the station before giving up (in
    # seconds; must be greater than 2)
    # timeout = 4

*    timeout = 8*
    # How long to wait before trying again (in seconds)
    # wait_before_retry = 1.2

*    wait_before_retry = 3.5*
    # How many times to try before giving up:
    max_tries = 4

    # Vantage model Type: 1 = Vantage Pro; 2 = Vantage Pro2
    model_type = 2

    # The driver to use:
    driver = weewx.drivers.vantage