A few days later I'll also endorse the Raspberry Pi 3.  I've been running
WeeWX on it for a year and haven't had any outages that weren't my own
fault.

I should probably back up the micro SD card, since it's been in use for a
year.

This thing has not stopped working.  No outages.  Uptime runs from whenever
I do an apt-get update to the next time (I always reboot after doing an
upgrade because that's one of the times weewx crapped out, when I updated
some system stuff).

I have no experience with other systems.