On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 2:35:22 AM UTC-7, JHoke wrote:

> Based on the below info, it looks like I will be sitting down to finally
> write something to get the data from my local database to use for home
> automation, irrigation, etc instead of the Wunderground API - i find it
> rediculous to charge users to access the data they freely give but what do
> I know ;(
>
> From their forum regarding a question if we will still have access to our
> data via the API:

Can you guys provide a couple links to the original announcements please ?
 I couldn't find anything on their site.

I saw some cryptic stuff saying WeatherBug was bought or something with
references to CWOP and use of the term 'PWS', but each company overloads
their terminology so much that it's hard to tell in layman's term what's
going away or changing when.

FWIW, I feed PWSweather/CWOP/WU using weewx, but use NWS for the forecast
(although I have a WU API key that I used to play with in the past).