I am also using an Acurite 5-in-1 (and eight additional sensors (including
the lightning sensor)) connected to a Raspberry Pi.

rtl_sdr is the tuner, and rtl_433 uses rtl_sdr to receive and decode
packets from known devices, including the Acurite ones.  Then the WeeWX SDR
driver uses rtl_433 to read the data.

The only catch is that you lose the pressure sensor if you bypass the
Acurite display or hub or Access, since that's where the pressure sensor
is.  I bought a BMP280 breakout board and wrote a WeeWX service to read it
(using i2c, because I couldn't get my SPI Python code to work, and I didn't
want to use someone else's code).  It's possible there's a 433 MHz pressure
sensor, which would be a lot easier.