Thanks guys...

All clear now... as it so happens, my rPi1B had a corrupt SD card today...
installed WeeWX on another Pi instead of fixing this one.
I also had a second base station, which I now use to continue with the
WH3080 for the time being.

Given your input and what I researched the Acurite 5+1 in conjunction with
the SDR sounds like a great solution.
I run loads of sensors on networked Arduinos for my property automation;
hence air pressure won't be an issue to capture elsewhere.