I can say that my mosquitto install is not using websockets.
With mqtt-spy on the server, I can set it up for either default or
websockets.
Default works fine, websockets does not.
Though only item I changed in the mosquitto.conf is protocol websockets

So, stumped. Anyone have a working mosquitto install that they would share
the conf?