logically that makes sense - a windgust 'should' be a wind speed sustained
I think for 2-3 seconds  in pure metereological terms.  With RF it is not
possible to have a windgust if uploading data every few seconds.  WU
probably, rightly, ignore windgust values in RF uploads but will accept it
in 5 minute archive periods.  I would imagine WU try and minimise the
amount of data updated on RF uploads and probably update most values only
on archive intervals.  To me this makes sense and is logically correct,
since most metereoligical values except fow windspeed and winddirection do
not really change that quickly.