Thanks for notes Vince

1) WeatherFlow

things I like (or intrigue):

   - no moving parts
   - sensors: brightness, UV index, solar irradiance, temp, humidity,
   pressure, lightning
   - UDP API
   - rain not a major issue

cons:

   - 60sec loop

cost:

   - seems Ok for a no-moving parts system (specially when compared to
   Davis)

2) Davis

Sure, I always see Davis as the "Cadillac" of PWSs, but at a price...

But still get confused by some things that are not clear to me (Vue or Pro):

   - although not needed, display seems way dated
   - which indeed in need, is computer connectivity, which seems low tech
   an extra cost
   - solar radiation and UV sensor only in the high price models (above
   $1,000)

Measured comparison of the 2 systems seems consistent:

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35368.0
http://ae3.homelinux.net:845/weewx/compare.html
https://community.weatherflow.com/t/davis-vp2-vs-weatherflow-comparison/2293

So, if no other major feedback or concerns regarding the 2 units (or other
systems advice), I might give WeatherFlow a try.

Thanks,
Xant