I don't have a WF, but the lack of static IP may not be an issue if your
router is able to do DHCP Reservations.

If you can get the MAC Address of the device, and set a DHCP Reservation
for it, then the device will get the same IP every time it renews its DHCP
lease. This is how I manage all my IoT devices (since most of those cannot
be set to static).