@Olivier,
Changed the WeeWX-setup to the 'normal' configuration resulting after
installation with the tar-file and setup.py.
At least the script ws3000.py now starts running, but not without errors:
error report has been sent by Email.
Looking at the errorreports, *apparently* the version Python2.7 as part of
Raspian_Buster is conflicting with functions in script ws3000.py