Your issue (to do with file locations) is due to the way in which WeeWX was
installed. Installation via setup.py  results in WeeWX files being located
in /home/weewx by default. Installation via a package results in the WeeWX
files being spread over a number of different locations. Refer to Where to
find things <http://weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#Where_to_find_things> in
the User's Guide.

Gary

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 08:36:05 UTC+10, Ton vanN wrote:

> Olivier,
>
> Perhaps the underlaying Linux_version makes a difference.
> In my configuration it is Raspian_Buster_Lite.
>
> Anton
>
> Op dinsdag 11 februari 2020 22:29:08 UTC+1 schreef Ton vanN:
>>
>> Olivier,
>>
>> Puzzled, because apparently weewx has been installed in my configuration
>> in a different way than you expect.
>> See the inserted text.
>>
>> ;-( Some more thinking to be done ...
>> Waiting for your next suggestions.
>>
>> Anton
>>
>> Op dinsdag 11 februari 2020 20:17:29 UTC+1 schreef Olivier Guyotot:
>>>
>>> Alright, so the good news is that the vendor_id and product_id are still
>>> the same.
>>>
>>> NOTE: I just noticed that in your configuration, you specified driver =
>>> user.hp3000. Unless you made a change, it should be driver = user.ws3000.
>>>
>> Where did you see this info?
>> Or otherwise formulated: where shal I put such line?
>>

>>> Assuming that you installed the driver correctly in the bin/user
>>> directory,
>>>
>> In my configuration no folder /bin/user; therefore created and put
>> ws3000.py in that folder with x-attribute set, to enable execution
>> Most weewx-files found in folder /etc/weewx
>>
>> to check if the current code is working with your station you could try
>>> the following:
>>> 1. first, stop weewx.
>>> 2. from the weewx folder, run the command: