On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 2:49:44 PM UTC-8, david glenn wrote:

> I found my error and the setup.py was in the tar download.
> Unfortunately,  ./setup.py build  fails to import configobj
> I have been unable to download the module using:
>
> sudo apt-get install configobj
> or
> pip install configobj
>
> in fact I cannot download 'pip'  !!!

I think you need to up your linux-fu a bit.
Lets slow down and reiterate what exactly you are trying to do.
It seems like you are trying to install weewx 3.9.2 via setup.py using
python 2.7 - is that correct ?

If that is correct, you need to follow http://www.weewx.com/docs/setup.htm
exactly so you have the prerequisites installed.

You do not need pip to install configobj on a Raspi using python 2.7

If you're trying to use the beta weewx 4 using python3, the instructions
are 'slightly' different, so let us know if that's what you're trying to do.