Hi mwall

there have been a few successful registrations by https://detlillehus.info:

> 2020.05.26 05:27:12
>
> 2020.05.29 04:54:07
>
> 2020.05.31 19:13:21
>
> 2020.05.31 19:20:42
>
> 2020.06.01 05:36:49
>
> 2020.06.03 05:43:42
>
> and i can see it in the listing (expand the 'Stations' section):
>
> http://weewx.com/stations.html
>
> if you look in your weewx log file you will see the registration
> attempts.  if the registration was unsuccessful, you will see a log message
> with the reason.  use grep something like this:
>
> sudo grep StationRegistry /var/log/syslog
>
> for example, if you did not configure registration, you will see this:
>
> Jun  3 08:09:58 7up weewx-sdr[6174]: restx: StationRegistry: Registration
> not requested.
>
> registration happens immediately
>
> it should never take more than 5 minutes for your station to show up on
> the map, assuming that it registered successfully
>
> when registration is enabled, your station will contact the registry
> server once per week
>
> if the registry server does not hear from your station for more than 30
> days, it will be removed from the map
>
> fwiw, we have been making some changes to the capture system, but this
> does not affect the registration.  (when a station is registered, the
> registry server attempts to make a screen capture of the website at the url
> used for registration.  that image is then displayed in the map.  there are
> a few skins that have been causing the capture system to fail.  many
> stations with belchertown fail - i think it might be caused by windy.fm,
> but have not been able to track it down yet.  possibly need more depth in
> the virtual colormap we use to do the captures...)

Fantastic answer. Unfortunately I don't get anything from the suggested
grep command, which indicates to me that there is nothing wrong, or is that
a misconception?

I run the Byteweather-master skin. And if my memory doesn't fail me, I
think it has been running before. But I haven't kept an eye on it, so I'm
not sure, if it has worked. I don't know what should be the reason as to
when it has stopped showing my station at the map.

:-) Bent