Lari Nieminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I'd much rather have the townsman not have a ranged attack. A thrown
> stone sounds rather far-fetched (thrown stones as weapons isn't really
> plausible; slings are another matter)

Huh?  It's quite traditional for mobs to throw cobblestones, not
far-fetched at all. And you'd better believe volleys of them aren't to
be taken lightly; a good throw can crack a man's skull, or a horse's.
Not a lot of range there but pretty hefty stopping power.

That having been said, do I consider the cobblestown attack to be more
symbol than substance.  I'm OK with it not being very effective; it's
more to establish what kinds of fighters these are.  Maybe dialing down
the hit probability a bit would address your concerns?