Nils Kneuper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I just wanted to remind you that I did plan to start a feature
> freeze in the next time. So what is this mail about? I wanted to ask
> you how much time anyone of you still needs with the features you
> plan for 1.4. If I get no responses at all to this mail, I will
> start the freeze between christmas and new years eve.  So if you got
> something on your shedule, better answer the mail and list some
> stuff and how much time you need until features and strings can be
> frozen.

I have no new code features planned.

I am, of course, developing a campaign that I have been aiming for
1.4.  I expect "The Hammer of Thursagan", will freeze translatable
strings within a week or ten days or so.  Taurus has generated a map for
the last unfinished scenario and is finishing the WML now.

Feedback from other devs and in the forums on THoT has been pretty
positive -- everybody seems to like the dialogue and the new
loremaster unit line.  The worst criticism I've gotten is that the
scenarios are "bland" (too easy and without enough variability in
tactical objectives), which I think is something that can be addressed
with map and balancing tweaks not affecting the translation.

(Frankly I think most of this is simply the reaction of advanced-level
players to a campaign that is intended to be intermediate-level; I
have to fight a tendency in *myself* to make the scenarios too hard.
But I will address it.)

Given the generally positive reaction, my plan is to check THoT into
mainline around Christmas.  The art for it is kind of lacking but
SpaceInvader and Jetryl are working on that.

All devs please take note: if you have objections to this plan, and in
particular if you think THoT is somehow fundamentally unworthy of
mainline, now is the time to air them.  I promise to listen attentively.