allefant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> SilverTree does have a scons build (at least for unix and
> windows/mingw): http://silvertree.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/SConstruct

Thanks!  I can copy several of those tests into the scons build for Wesnoth
I'm putting together (see SConstruct in the root directory).

> Myself, I can't really endorse any build system, since I'm biased to
> scons/WAF by my like of Python.

As I've said before, given how heavily we use Python already I don't
think this bias requires any apology at all.  In fact I think the
scons/WAF use of Python would be a significant plus for *this project*
even if Python weren't a generally good thing.

I'm not being a Python fanboy when I say this.  There's much to be
said for holding our count of project scripting languages as close to
1 as possible.  Doing this minimizes our long-term maintenance burden,
and you should have figured out by now that I am much more obsessive
about that than I am about which language dominates.

(One of my longer-term to-do items is translating the few Perl and
Ruby scripts we have around into Python.)