Quoting Greg Copeland <gtcopel...@gmail.com>:

> I take it a python solution without a sandbox will never be an option
> even if downloading of python scripts is excluded? Any particular reason
> to completely exclude the development of python AIs regardless of
> sandbox status?

It absolutely would be an option.

If someone can develop a *good* Python API for AI's (or any other game
feature, for that matter) and then people can develop provably good,
useful AI's, then we would be happy to use it.

The sandboxing issue would only affect whether we'd allow people to
easily download extensions that use Python.

This is really the same for any technology. If you're excited about a
technology, that's great, but the best way to channel your excitement
is to develop something high quality for Wesnoth using that
technology, and then show it to us. Just saying, "this technology is
great! It should be used in Wesnoth" is not a very productive approach.

David