On 10/11/07, Tony Godshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have, yes. And yes, it's a very small patch. The issue isn't so much
> > about the extra code or code maintenance; it's more about extra
> > documentation, and avoiding too much clutter of documentation and lists
> > of options/rc-commands. I'm not very picky about adding little
> > improvements to Wget; I'm a little pickier about adding new options.
> >
> > It's not really about this option, it's about a class of options. I'm in
> > the unenviable position of having to determine whether small patches
> > that add options are sufficiently useful to justify the addition of the
> > option. Adding one new option/rc command is not a problem. But when,
> > over time, fifty people suggest little patches that offer options with
> > small benefits, we've suddenly got fifty new options cluttering up the
> > documentation and --help output.
>
> Would it be better, then, if I made it --limit-rate nn% instead of
> limit-percent nn?
> And made the descrip briefer?

Also would it help if the behavior was changed so it "pulsed"
occasionally and therefore wouldn't suffer from the
initial-measurement-error case.

I'm trying to judge whether I should spend more time touching it up
into something acceptable or just let it remain a personal hack.

--
Best Regards.
Please keep in touch.