On 10/13/07, Josh Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/13/07, Tony Godshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > OK, so let's go back to basics for a moment.
> >
> > wget's default behavior is to use all available bandwidth.
> >
> > Is this the right thing to do?
> >
> > Or is it better to back off a little after a bit?
> >
> > Tony
>
> IMO, this should be handled by the operating system, not the
> individual applications. That's one of the reasons I believe this
> should be a module instead, because it's more or less a hack to patch
> what the environment should be doing for wget, not vice versa.
>
> In my experience, GNU/Linux tends to consume all the resources
> unbiasedly, seemingly on a "first come first serve *until you're...

Well, you may have such problems but you are very much reaching in
thinking that my --linux-percent has anything to do with any failing
in linux.

It's about dealing with unfair upstream switches, which, I'm quite
sure, were not running Linux.

Let's not hijack this into a linux-bash.

--
Best Regards.
Tony