On Sep 4, 2005, at 13:28, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

Quoting Henri Sivonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
How should this list be augmented for HTML5? Eg. should a start tag for <section> close a paragraph?

I do not think that would be a good idea. Changing the HTML parser is not something browser vendors tend to like. I think HTML5 should just require end tags in certain circumstances. Or perhaps just require them for some elements,
like the P element.

How would you insert the optional tags in this case:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<title>...</title>
<section>...</section>

?

My tentative assumption has been
<!DOCTYPE html>

(Assuming the data stream ends with </div>.)

Should the answer instead be

<!DOCTYPE html>
<section>...</section>

?