On Sep 4, 2005, at 19:46, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

Quoting Henri Sivonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

You said yourself that any element other than a few known ones closes the HEAD
element and implies a BODY element start tag.

So I did, but I now think my reasoning leading to that conclusion was flawed. (I should have corrected myself on this mailing list earlier.) If only a closed list of elements is allowed in HEAD, it will be impossible to introduce extensions that occur as children of HEAD. An explicit list of element starts that close HEAD would solve that problem.

The implicit boundary of HEAD and BODY is a tricky issue with open-ended extensions. I guess I'll have to examine browser behavior as the next step.

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]