> and that is?

 Very similar to what you are proposing:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Collections

and

bean?.property  (allows bean to be null)
(see http://groovy.codehaus.org/Migration+From+Classic+to+JSR+syntax )

I really appreciate how OGNL is very flexible with allowing me to do
things like concatenate two properties into one without having to write
a new getter.  Having a groovy-based property model would give similar
advantages.  And Groovy allows for compact iterating over collections
like OGNL does (although I haven't had a need for it yet).  If you got
rid of that kind of functionality altogether, I think Wicket would be
poorer for it.

My 2 cents worth,

- Jonathan

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2005-10-27 1:23:03 PM >>>
and that is?

http://www.ognl.org/2.6.7/Documentation/html/LanguageGuide/indexing.html