In wicket 2.0 you can create pages that are not stored in session
(stateless pages).

Anyway, It's not possible with wicket to store state of tree in url, and
I doubt it ever will be. URL length is limited so it wouldn't work for
bigger trees. And wicket is managing state for whole pages, so it makes
no sense to "ad-hoc" store state of tree in URL either.

-Matej