> Anyway, It's not possible with wicket to store state of tree in url, and
> I doubt it ever will be. URL length is limited so it wouldn't work for
> bigger trees. And wicket is managing state for whole pages, so it makes
> no sense to "ad-hoc" store state of tree in URL either.

In my case, the tree is "read only", so to speak. The tree never
changes. The only state I need to store is which is the open branch,
which requires only one parameter. For instance:

  /mytree?activeNode=abcde

Only one branch can be open at a time. Therefore, the parameter above is
enough to allow me to render the tree correctly.

Cheers,
Dave