currently the stateless support wont help at this time.
Because a stateless link could be constructed for this
but where is then the id? It should be in the url then (just as a bookmarkable page link)
then you do hit the page first where that stateless link is on. But then you still have
to get the id from the url in the onClick of the link. Then do you db access and call
the detail page with the full object.

So what is the gain in the end? nothing if you ask me...

johan

That wouldn't work for bookmarkable links, as they don't receive any
events. What you want can be done with non-bookmarkable links, but -
tada - your page wouldn't be bookmarkable anymore.

The key thing about bookmarkable pages is that they can be constructed
directly/ without the need to have a session upfront/ without having
to rely on other pages. This means that the URL is the only thing that
is available for a bookmarkable page.

Think whether you need that detail page to be bookmarkable... do you
expect users to actually bookmark it or have some reason to directly
want to access that page/ does crawlers need to be able to index it/
do you need to access it from a frame/ etc? If the answer is yet,
you'll need to go through the extra pain of getting everything from
the page parameters. If the answer is no, you don't need to use
bookmarkable pages but rather use 'internal' pages where you pass the
objects in the link (setResponsePage(new MyPage(foo, bar)))

You could additionally look at 'stateless' pages and links and see if
that helps you solve your issue more elegantly.

Eelco