> Well, thank you for your support :)... That's exactly what I needed!

yeah, getting beaten is always good ;)

> Maybe I was not clear enough in my specification. If I would
> not say that I need a tri-state checkbox, but a formComponent
> which looks like checkbox (see here:
> http://www.indigorose.com/webhelp/vp20/Program_Reference/Misc/
> Tri-state_Checkbox.htm)
> would it make sense? At the end, it is a component like any
> other component and it has nothing to do with the w3c.org
> specification...

having it this way, would mean to have a img that belongs to a form and is
changed on every tip on it... you could go for a link component that calls
the form everytime its used.. but no matter how you do it, it would be very
unstable in real world, as it depends on javascript, as in pure HTML only a
submit button can call a form .. maybe if you use a submit button with 3
different images based on a objectstate might work... but im not sure if
having multiple sumbit buttons for 1 form is W3C compliant and will work...

have you thought about usning a DropDownList with 3 fields ?? - might be
easier and more intuitive for the user..

Regards,

Korbinian