I'm trying to reproduce it, but so far without luck. What I did was
add a datepicker to the ajax tabs example... but whatever I do, I
can't get it to stall. Also, what's strange about your case is that
you shouldn't see any ajax header contribution; that is done
dynamically and thus should never show up as actual page source.

Can you tell us more about the context you're using it? I can see from
the source that you're using modal window - a very new component that
might have some unforseen issues.

Eelco