Hi,
I'm trying to develop an app that sports fully modular web ui, that
is, one that allows the developer/user to simply drop jars in the classpath
to get new functionality.

The idea is to have the ui split into maven modules, and keep everything
in the classpath. Extension points can be provided by each module by
looking in a spring context for implementors of certain interfaces (these
could be factories, or simply WebPage subclasses declared as "prototype"
beans).

Now, I'm wondering how one could handle modules that are mostly
static, that is, made of static pages, javascripts, images and the like,
given the fact that I don't want to put stuff in WEB-INF.

Is there an easy way to work with these? I know I can refer to in-classpath
resources from Components, but what about a network of static html
pages that do refer css, images and so on, for example javascript apps like
openlayers (http://openlayers.org/). Can i stick them into the classpath as
well?

Best regards
Andrea Aime

PS: I do want to keep everything among the sources because I don't
want to rely on a build time file copy just to gather up the required
files from the various WEB-INFs that I could locate in each module.
Just have the web module depend on what you think you need and
run it, done :-)