sometimes its nice to have static stuff served via apache or what not, css, images, js files, blah blah.

what we do is have a static dir for these files and under that we have a dir named after the modules class name. we have an applicationsettings bean in spring context that other beans import that contains the web path to this static dir so with a simple attribute modifier you can build a link/img/whatever tag to point to the location of the static resource.

-Igor