Say I have several different sites with their own designs, and I want
to use the same basic WebPage/Panel/Application classes. Ideally, each
site would be deployable as a war file. How might I package different
HTML per war to accomplish this?

The examples I've seen have the HTML pages in the same directory as
the corresponding Page class. How does Wicket locate the appropriate
HTML page for each Page class?

there are a couple of different ways to do it.
1) you can keep a markup file for each different site next to the page class and use styles to switch between them. see session.set/getStyle() markup files will look like MyPanel_style1.html, MyPanel_style2.html
then have your build system package only markup files with the appropriate style

2) keep your markup files in a different location altogether. you do this by using your own implementation of IResourceStreamLocator.

Question 2: if I were to use a Wicket/Spring/Hibernate (JPA) stack, I
assume using the old trick of using a Servlet Filter to implement the
'One Hibernate Session per Request' trick still applies? Is there a
better pattern for Wicket to handle lazy loading problems?

yes, the good old OSIV still applies

Thanks in advance, and kudos to your exciting new framework.

thanks :)

-Igor

Regards,

- Patrick