Thank you for this clarification. So it appears that, in an unclusterd
context, the problem is not with storing references *in sessions*, but
simply with storing references. I am using hibernate objects and I need
to keep to copies of the data, so I am creating a value object plus I
keep the original hibernate object. Perhaps I would better create 2
value objects and throw away the hibernate object (in case this object
is much bigger than a simple value object??). I must check for this.
(But this is not Wicket related ;-).

Thanks again

Pierre-Yves