You might change your production system every week, others might have
release cycles of 6 months. I've seen js files being 200k and more,
why should I want to load them again and again with every request? I
understand it makes sense for development, but for production?

Igor mentioned it is just 5 lines. Why not make it default for
development and allow a component attribute to make it allways
non-cacheable.

Juergen