I use PriDE. It's extremely small and easy to learn - basically it
generates SQL for you.

http://pride.sourceforge.net/

I've designed a number of supporting classes and coding conventions that
give me some more advanced features (still light weight). I've been
meaning to look at what exists in terms of Wicket database/persistence
code to see if what I've done could be integrated/merged with that. At
the moment my code only depends on PriDE.

What kind of integration are you talking about? Isn't it a good idea to
keep database/persistence code and application/gui code independent?

/Anders

Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> If someone would provide a JDBC version of wicket-phonebook, that
> would be welcome! We talked about wanting this, but haven't found any
> time to do this ourselves yet.
>
> Eelco
>

> On 9/21/06, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> look at wicket-phonebook, it uses wicket and spring. there are dao
>> implementations for hibernate and ibatis, but it would be trivial to write
>> one for jdbc. spring takes care of all the connection/transaction management
>> for you.
>>
>> if you dont want spring and want to write something for pure jdbc i would
>> store a datasource in application, and subclass request cycle to
>> open/close/rollback/commit the transaction assuming you want a
>> single-transaction-per-request pattern.
>>
>> -Igor
>>

>> On 9/21/06, Ayodeji Aladejebi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Okay I know of all the contrib projects, databinder, hibernate stuffs etc,
>> I have used databinder and its lovely but I think for some reason, database
>> in wicket needs to be sort of easier to put up to encourage faster
>> adaptation. Come to think about it, presently most of the present solutions
>> around database in Wicket wraps around Hibernate and a beginner who is not
>> familair with hibernate may get stuck. Some developers still tend to love
>> thier SQL thing compared to ORM and in some cases, you want to do direct SQL
>> cuz hibernate3.jar is some size you may not need to include in your portable
>> web application. And believe me, i believe more ppl learn SQL more than they
>> learn ORM in Schools
>>> Yesterday, I was tryin to use Dababinder or wicket-contrib-dababase but at
>> the same time i was using the wicket-auth framework and all these contibs
>> enforce that you extend XXXApplication in your Application Class which means
>> you cannot directly use Contrib projects e.g wicket-contrib-database and
>> also Wicket-auth. There should be a more elegant way to use multiple contrib
>> projects without this Inheritance lock jam.
>>> Now most web applications need authentication and also need database which
>> is why i believe wicket shoud somehow integrate some DAO scheme into wicket
>> where all we do is set connection properties and from Components, you can
>> fly CRUD.
>>> Well i know there must be some good reasons to exclude this from wicket
>> but what will be the most elegant way to do CRUD in wicket?  where should I
>> store my Connection? Session or Application Class. Should I create a parent
>> WebPage with all the SQL stuffs and then make other CRUD pages extend it. a
>> hundred ways to do this but which way is more elegant?
>>> Thanks Wicket dads
>>>

>>> --
>>> "It takes insanity to drive in sanity" - Me
>>>
>>> Aladejebi Ayodeji A.,
>>> DabarObjects Solutions
>>> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Mobile: +234 803 589 1780
>>> Web: www.dabarobjects.com

> [...]

http://ojalgo.org/

Mathematics, Linear Algebra and Optimisation with Java