But this is something completely different. Cart is shared between
pages, usually stored in session. Cart is not specific for every pages.

But if you have a tabbed panel in a page, you want to have one tab
opened in one window and another tab opened in second window. That's
what users require. At least my users do require that. And that's also
what I expect from a web application.

If you want to have singleton pages, go ahead, nothing prevents you from
that. Just do your own PageFactory class that pools pages (session
relative) and then always redirect to bookmarkable/mounted URL. You'll
get the same behavior tapestry seems to have.

-Matej