I've saved my rewritten version. (See
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Working+with+Wicket+models)
Comments by everyone from experts to complete newbies
are most welcome. Doubtless there are things that are confusing or flat-out
wrong.

In addition to rephrasing or rewriting a lot of material, and adding a few
things, I
excised some details I thought would be distracting for a beginner. Some of
this
material is, I think, still useful, perhaps in a slightly more advanced
"More about
Models" page.