With regards to the number of latt-points per k-point (lpfac), which defines how dense the interpolated mesh should be [ http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0602203v1 ], you might want to have a look at the thesis titled "Grundlagen-Untersuchungen des Seebeck Koeffizienten der Clathrate Ba8ZnxGe46-x" by Rene Moser:

http://othes.univie.ac.at/17014/

On a separate note, it's a little late, but my condolences to those that knew Dr. Kohn [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Kohn ].