On 17/04/2019 20:36, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
Alexandre Hocquet, 17/04/19 20:40:
My point is : as it can be imagined that the number of CC-BY scientific papers will likely sky-rocket in the next years, would not it be relevant to try to organise "CC-BY scientific papers" driven edit-a-thons

Importing text and images from freely licensed papers to Wikimedia wikis is a common practice. Several initiatives exist to further spread it. Wikimedia entities have stressed the importance of "libre open access" (free licenses) for over a decade now.

I do not doubt that the inclination and the infrastructure exist on the Wikimedia side. My point is that the number of compatible academic papers is on the verge of increasing exponentially in the next few years and that people involved in higher education should be aware of that potentiality, be they scholars or (crucially) librarians.

Alexandre Hocquet
Archives Henri Poincaré & Science History Institute
alexandre.hocq...@univ-lorraine.fr
https://www.sciencehistory.org/profile/alexandre-hocquet
https://poincare.univ-lorraine.fr/fr/membre-titulaire/alexandre-hocquet