This looks like a job for Wikisource. If nothing else, so long as we can
verify their CC licensing is compatible, we can archive and preserve them
in perpetuity on WS. Unfortunately I've scarcely contributed to WS
personally. I've reached out to a WS admin that I know from Commons. When
they reply I'll cc them on this thread.

V/r
TJW/GMG