faidon added a comment.

IMHO, I don't think asking thousands of users to migrate their account before
the migration is a sane process, when it's really us that should be making this
step for them.

I obviously haven't followed this from the beginning so there's lots of
background that is lost to me. Can someone (very briefly) explain here why it's
impossible to:
- migrate accounts off Bugzilla/RT as-is (email as the username for Bugzilla)
- prompt users to just recover/rename their account if they wish so
- migrate comments as they are, owned by their correct owner and with the
correct timestamp

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T572

REPLY HANDLER ACTIONS
  Reply to comment or attach files, or !close, !claim, !unsubscribe or !assign
<username>.

To: faidon
Cc: wikibugs-l, chasemp, Aklapper, Qgil, mmodell, Eloquence, faidon, RobLa-WMF,
jeremyb