AIUI, currently, Wikidata can add:

* language-specific labels (ie alternative names)
* language-independent properties (strings or relationships)

Properties can have modifiers such as date, labels can't. So there's a
bit of a challenge here - we would be able to construct a field that
says "historic name : Warschau (date:1939-45)", but this would be
shown as a historic name in Polish, German, English, Chinese...

Andrew.

- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk