Since the very beginning I have kept myself busy with properties, thinking
about which ones fit, which ones are missing to better describe reality,
how integrate into the ones that we have. The thing is that the more I work
with them, the less difference I see with normal items.... and if soon
there will be statements allowed in property pages, the difference will
blur even more.
I can understand that from the software development point of view it might
make sense to have a clear difference. Or for the community to get a deeper
understanding of the underlying concepts represented by words.

But semantically I see no difference between:
cement (Q45190) <emissivity (P1295)> 0.54
and
cement (Q45190) <emissivity (Q899670)> 0.54

Am I missing something here? Are properties really needed or are we adding
unnecessary artificial constraints?

Cheers,
Micru